AXE VALE SUMMER SHOW PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
Rules and Conditions
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The competition is organized by the Axe Vale Show and the Axminster Photography Group (APG). The competition open to all ages plus a special category for those aged 12 and younger. It is for printed photographs only and can be taken with either cameras or smartphones.
Entries must be received by 4.00pm 7th June 2022.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
All entries must be submitted to the
Axe Vale Show c/o The Heritage Centre
together with the completed entry form and fee of £1.00 (cash only) per photograph. (Tape £1 coins or £5 note to a piece of card and place in the envelope.)
• Professional photographers and members of Axminster Photography Group are ineligible to enter. • All images must have been taken in the 12 months previous to 1 June 2021.
• Entrants may enter one photograph in each theme of the category. (So in Category A you can enter up to 5 photos, only I photo from each theme).
• Photographs can be any size up to maximum A5 (15cm x 21cm) • Entrants must attach a label on the back of each photograph with their name, category and subject.
• Entrants must not apply any text to the front of the print.
• Images may be enhanced using photographic software.
• The organizers will mount each photograph on A4 card for display.
• All photographs submitted must be the sole work of the entrant.
• As many entries as possible will be displayed at the Axe Vale Show 2021.
• Unless explicitly indicated, photographs will not be returned.
Entries may be submitted for the following:-
Category A: For adults (Children may also enter Category A but fees will apply.)
Themes 1-5 (1 photo may be entered per theme)
• Nature (Must not include domestic animals, pets or people)
• Landscapes and Seascapes
• Towns and Villages
• Pets and Domestic Animals
Category B: For children 12 and under the subject choice is Open - (no fees apply)
Judging will be carried out by 2 judges appointed by the APG.
The decision of the judges is final regarding all aspects of the competition.
Images which, in the opinion of the judges, are considered inappropriate will be excluded.
A certificate will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in each category.
A trophy will be awarded to the Best Photograph in the Show.
Copyright will remain with the entrant.
Axe Vale Show reserves the right to use any image for publicity and marketing in connection with the Show.
In entering the Axe Vale Photography Competition you agree to the use of your details only for the purpose of processing your application and future marketing.